IPL is back and the cricket fever is at its all-time high. Disney+ Hotstar, which has exclusive digital telecast rights for IPL 2020, has added an array of exciting features including ball-by-ball predictor game, emojis, multi-cam feed and more in its cricket live streaming feed.
However, last year Hotstar decided to do away with the free package that allowed users to watch 5 minutes of delayed feed. Now, it let’s user watch IPL live for 5 minutes before it asks you to subscribe. The cheapest among all the Disney+Hotstar packs is its “all sports subscription” plan which costs a reasonable Rs. 299 annually. If you are interested in more than just Sports, you may also consider Disney+Hotstar VIP subscription pack that costs Rs 365 annually.
This new Disney+ Hotstar’s VIP subscription plan will not only let watch IPL 2020 but will also give you access live feeds of the prominent Football, Tennis, Cricket, Formula 1, Kabaddi, Badminton events.
Although Hotstar has introduced sports plan just before IPL last year, there is a way you can still watch IPL 2020 live stream on Hotstar on your smartphone.
Note: The method mentioned below will not work when you try to watch Hotstar live streaming on desktop PC or Laptop.
Here’s how you can watch IPL 2020 Live stream on Disney+ Hotstar (for Jio users)
- First of all, you need to have a working Reliance Jio no. on your device.
- Now, download Hotstar app on your phone from Google Play Store or Apple app store.
- Next, download Jio TV on your smartphone depending on your network.
- Now, Go to JioTV and tap on the Star Cricket channel.
- Relax, JioTV will redirect you to Hotstar app and it will start cricket match streaming on your smartphone.
How to watch IPL 2020 live streaming for free on Disney+ Hotstar
Following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to wall the IPL matches live on Hotstar for free that too without any subscription. If in case, you are facing any issues with the stream kill the app Hotstar and Jiotv or Airtel tv and try again it should work now.
Apart from IPL 2020, you will also be able to watch live streaming of following sporting events:
- Cricket matches live steaming available on Hotstar
- All International Cricket Council (ICC) matches
- VIVO Indian Premier League (IPL) matches
- New Zealand Cricket Board organised matches
- Bangladesh Cricket Board organised matches
- Asian Cricket Council (ACC) matches (till 2023)
- Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL) matches
- Karnataka Premier League (KPL) matches
Tennis matches live streaming available on Hotstar:
- French Open
- the US Open
Football League matches live streaming available on Hotstar:
- English Premiere League
- Indian Super League
Other Sporting event live stream on Hotstar:
- All Formula One races
- Badminton World Championship
- Pro Kabaddi
How to Watch IPL 2020 On Tata Sky and Airtel Digital
Instead of streaming the IPL matches, if you wish to watch them with conventional way on your idiot box, well you can do that too without needing to pay at least Tata Sky and Airtel Digital consumers can. Yes, Tata Sky and Airtel Digital users will have to subscribe to Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1 HD, Star Sports 1 Hindi, or Star, Sports 1 Hindi HD to watch IPL 2020 matches on TV.
TataSky users can watch IPL 2020 on their TataSky mobile app as well if they have an active connection by subscribing Star Sports channel. Similarly, Airtel Digital users with an active subscription will be able to watch IPL 2020 matches on Airel Xtreme app on your phone or tablet.